PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, January 4, 2008

Random funny things

So today I had a couple of funny little run ins with some people out in public. The first was a lady at the gas station. I pulled up to the pump, put my car in park and got out. I scanned my card and was getting ready to stick the pump into my gas tank when *HONK* *HONK* *HONK* (yes three times, a long, short, and another long honk) I leaned to the window and yelled "Hey! Knock it off" The lady who was parked in the stall behind mine leaned over and asked, "Is that your dog?" I said "Yes, he gets impatient." (Seriously every time I get out of the car and don't get him out immediately he honks at me. I have watched him to and he will hop up onto my seat and lean into the horn, occasionally he will stick a foot up and push!!) She said, "What a smart dog." I said "ya, he is pretty smart." and we both laughed.

The second funny incident happened at the pet store. I was in line getting a new food tub (since I dropped Shermans and broke it *sigh*), and a toy (cant ever leave the pet store without a toy, GEESH, spoiled dog!) and was behind this lady and her two daughters. The youngest girl looked at Sherman and I heard her whisper to her mom, "that dog looks just like Sherman." I didn't know what to say so I told Sherman to sit and the older sister heard and turned, and asked, "what is his name?" I said, "Sherman." Then she asked if he was in training to be a guide dog and I said yes. I asked how they new him and they said that they met him at Michelles house. (Montgomerys raiser) Small world. How funny that the girl would recognize him since most people out in public can't even tell what color or breed he is. :) (You know the whole "is he a black lab?" question that I can never understand. "Nope he is a GREEN lab!" Honestly *sigh*)

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Lol that is really funny about the car horn! Patriot accidently honked the horn of mine once and it scared him so badly he wouldn't ever get in the front of the car after that.

Erin said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!! YOU GO SHERMAN!! hee hee hee heee!!!

Carrie and Waffle said...

lol.... I love it.. "is he a black lab?" omg! if I had a nickle for every time that happened. I mean are they really that hard to ID? I just thought it was Tacoma that got that. Anyway keep the keys away from Scherm, before he decideds to take issues into his own paws.

Emily and the Labradors said...

The honking is hilarious! And way to go to those kids for recognizing Sherman! That's pretty good :) We all know how incredibly different they all look, but it seems like most of the public thinks they all look identical! Angel was mistaken for a male puppy at the store the other day... I don't know which one, but there aren't any in the club that look like her! The good part was the clerk's comment that "he seems much better behaved today." Ummm, yeah. SHE is always pretty good! (or at least I hope it wasn't Angel they were remembering... we don't go there very often so I don't think it was)

P.S. I need to update our website, but the 2 older boys I mentioned taking up spots on the truck won't... one is already back and the other is going in feb!

Lisa and pups said...

Oh my gosh, that's SO funny about the car horn! What a clever pup.

How wild about that girl recognizing him. I had that happen once with Runza. With someone three hours away!

Megan and Orleans said...

Shoot! I saw that two Colorado dogs were flying to GDB in February. So there is three less spots (including the one from your group that already left) on the puppy truck. HMPH!

MK said...

Hahaha, I LOVE that he's all impatient and rushing you along with the horn. You should record that! Oh, if dogs could talk.

I didn't realize getting asked if they were black labs was so common (duh, me)! I got asked that ALL the time too. Hahahaha. You really should say, "No, he's a pink chihuahua," and see what someone says. :-x

Kasey and Blitz said...

Haha, how funny!! Sherman has attitude!! Oh, I know what you're talking about...People not being able to tell what breed your dog is. Most commonly I get "Is that a golden retriever?" But once I got, "Hey look, Lucy, it's a Collie!"