PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's been a while

Hey everyone,
It has been a while. Not much has happened. I am just keeping busy with school and work. Sherman is doing great at school after the break. He slid right back into the routine. We have only had one issue in the testing center. The lady would not let me take Sherman in the testing center, and would not let me take my test. I have taken Sherm in the testing center countless times but I guess they got a new manager over the break and she was not listening to me explain about guide dogs and that I had been there before. So I had to take Sherm home and on the way home the testing center lady called me and said that she had called the dean of my school and asked him about service dogs in training and he told her that they are allowed. So she apologized and said that I could come and take my test. (Would have been nice had she called before I left. GRR!!) Anyway, I am glad that got sorted out and I didn't really have to do anything.

Other news is last week my dad announced to the family that for next Christmas we are going on a Mexican Cruise! Each kid has to pay 60% of their way and mom and dad will take care of the rest. We are leaving December 20 and coming back on the 28th. I have a year to loose all the weight I want off and pay for my portion of the ticket. :) I can't wait. My dad also said that it would give me a year to find a puppy-sitter for my next pup. ha ha. I can't wait!!! I have never been out of the US before. Each of us siblings are taking our turns getting passports too since you need them to get into Mexico now. Did I mention I am excited!?!?!?

Oh, and I have now received by first dog related "war wound." I feel so official now. lol just kidding. About a week ago I was putting Sherm on tie-down. (I hooked both of my tie downs together so he has about 5-6 feet of room to move. Anyway, he took that moment to decided to bolt out of my room for the first time ever because my door was open. I guess he didn't realize that I had him hooked up already so the cable tie-down rubbed against my ankle and took a pretty good size chunk out of it. I also have a bit of a cable burn around the sore. I screamed so loud. (I never scream!) My sisters heard and came running, thinking that I was dying. lol Anywho, Sherman looked pretty pathetic when he realized that he had hurt me. And came over and sat on me. (I fell to the ground after because it hurt so bad) It took forever to stop the bleeding but it is starting to heal now. Just hurts a bit when I twist my ankle or stretch it too much. Sherman felt so bad, it was really cute. He was forgiven pretty quickly. I doubt he will EVER try that again.

I also heard from Tahoma and her partner the other day. They are doing fantastically. They have been in Israel the last few weeks. They spend every January and July there because he does translation work. He is always so pleased with her work there. He also said that she does wonderful on the long plane ride. (I am jelous Homie is more traveled than I am) She acts as if she was born to work there. :) He also officiates weddings all over the eastern states and after Tahoma showed her reluctance to being in the audience she now stands up front with him and she behaves herself beautifully. He said that they had their first big snow and Tahoma did perfect and was able to find the route even though it was covered in snow. Good girl Homie! Oh, and after I told him that I called her Homie while I was raising her he now calls her Homie all the time and she wags her tail really fast whenever he calls her that. So cute! I hope they have many, many more wonderful years together!

I also have Myra right now. I have had her since Saturday and she goes home in a few hours. She is absolutely adorable. It has been a LONG time since I have had a girl around, or a baby, or been woken up at 5am in the MORNING. (Those who don't know me I am so NOT a morning person, good thing she is cute. lol) She is 16 weeks old and such a doll. We have been out on a few outing and she is just so happy and prances around. She does really well in public too. Doesn't get overwhelmed or anything. It has been nice to have a little girl around, but I am happy to get my boy back today. And sleep in. hee hee. I really miss my goof-ball boy!

Myra's mighty yawn.

Isn't she a doll!

Sherman's birthday is in four days. I can't believe he is almost a year old! I have some fun stuff planned for him so that to come later. He has really come a long way in the last 10 months. He is a great dog and I really hope that he can become a great guide!!

6 comments:

Hobbes Dogs said...

Wow, I can't believe it's already almost his birthday! I remember your posts waiting for him to come home and it seems like that was just yesterday.

Happy early Birthday Sherman!

Brittany said...

Glad to hear that your leg isn't hurt too badly! Sherm probably thought it was the end of the world. ha ha!

I also can't believe he is already a year old! That means Hobbs only has two months until his birthday!! I don't rememeber our first puppies growing this fast.

lindsey said...

Sherm will be a great guide doggie! :)

Erin said...

aah how fast they grow!!!Glad to see your're still alive!! :-)
Myra looks like she's big 16 week old!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Myra is so cute! I've gotten a similar war wound from my extra long drag line... I still have a scar on my ankle!

It does seem like the puppies grow up faster and faster these days! That's good and bad I suppose...

thepuppyraiser said...

Happy birthday Sherman! May you have many more to come, and hopefully your next one will be spent as someone's new guide :)