PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Sherman!!!

Today is Shermans birthday! My boy is one year old. I can't believe it! I am so proud of all the progress he has made and am so happy that I have been able to raise him. He keeps me smiling with all his goofyness, but knows when I need him to be serious too. He is very smart and I can't wait to see if he becomes a guide this year.

Shermans birthday festivities started this morning at midnight. I have had a new dog bed hidden in my closet for the last week. I think he knew it was in there because he would get excited every time I opened the closet. Anyway, at midnight I got it out and he plopped right down on it. I think he looks comfy. It is so soft, I want to sleep on it. :)This is me and the birthday boy. (Excuse my PJ's it was midnight after all)
Today I took Sherman to the park and let him play in the snow and run around on a long-line. He really enjoyed himself.
After the park we went home and he got sang to by the family. (He looks confused. .. "why are you all singing at me?!") He also has on the b-day hat that my parents got me at Disney land like 5 years ago and all of my PITs have worn it. It is goofy, but a tradition. I like it. Sherm looks more like, "is this hat really necessary?" He got a bit of extra food for dinner which he ate without complaint. I just got out all his b-day toys and he is happily chewing on his new bed. I hope he had a good day and many, many more to come. (Hopefully with a blind partner for his next b-day)
Here are some vids of Sherm in the snow. The goofy bouncing just made me laugh so hard. I love my boy!

10 comments:

Carrie and Waffle said...

Oh Sherm- you look cute in the hat, I can tell your not thrilled but humor your mom - she loves you (and that hat)

Happy birthday big boy! stay away from the car horn!

Brittany said...

Happy birthday Sherman!!!

Emily said...

I think the hat is adorable Sherm! Happy Birthday big boy!!

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Hppy Birthday Sherman! May you have many, many more to come!

Oh, and that bed looks really soft! Where did you get it?

Jake and Joanna said...

Happy birthday Sherman!!! I love the vidoes, what a cutie!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Happy 1st, despite the silly birthday hat you are one handsome boy!

Megan and Orleans said...

I got the bed at Costco. Not a bad price either.

Emily and the Labradors said...

Happy birthday Sherman! Sounds and looks like you had a very fun day! How does it feel to be a BIG BOY now?

(And yay for the cheap fluffy costco beds! I have three in my house as we speak...)

MK said...

That hat picture is pretty funny. ;-)

Happy Belated Birthday, Sherman! I hope you enjoyed all the events. It sounds like a pretty good doggie day to me!

Lisa and pups said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERM!!!!

Love the hat! I think he looks splendid in it.