PitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our GDB filled weekend. . .

What is better than a weekend full of puppy raisers and their dogs? I myself can't think of anything. :D I love puppy raising and all the people involved in it, it's amazing!!

Anyway, on Friday me and Paris went up to the school for the blind in Salt Lake for the Braille Challenge, it was a lot of fun and Paris got a lot of pets and we answered a lot of questions. The kids really enjoyed the dogs and I was so proud of Paris who was on her best behavior and was so good with the kids. A bunch of them enjoyed playing tug with her and she was so careful. They would giggle and giggle when they told her 'okay' and she would start tugging and then 'that's enough' and she would stop. It was cute. A few of them also liked brushing her, she is super smooth and shinny and I think they got all that loose hair out. :D

[Paris playing tug with one of the blind kids.]
Then today we had a puppy raising workshop. It was so much fun and I really learned a lot, I always do. Anyway, I got a ride up with my leader and we always have some fun chats. Here is a picture of her pup Sugar. She is super cute and really smart.

[A close up of Sugars face, she is a very white golden retriever with dark brown eyes. She also has her tongue sticking out a little bit.] While we were there I met a few of Paris' siblings. Here is a picture of them. It sounds like they are all quite similar personality wise and even have a few of the same quirks. The yellow ones look quite similar but their brother Peanut really doesn't look much like the rest. :D

[The puppies and raisers lined up. Peanut (Male Black Lab), Panama, (Female Yellow Lab) Porche (Male Yellow Lab) and Paris (Female Yellow Lab).]


We played a game called 'My dog can do that' where we could pick a card (rated easy, medium and advanced) and then have our dog do what is on the card and get points if our dogs could do it. We split into two teams Ricks Retrievers (The CFR from SoCal/Arizona also came, he is really awesome) and Barbs Barkers. Me and Paris were on the RR team, it was a really fun game. I picked advanced card for Paris both times it was our turn and Paris was great. The first time she had to come to me while someone was jumping up and down next to me, she was perfect and the second time she had to do a layover without me saying anything which is a piece of cake for this girlie. So we won 6 points for our team. Unfortunately, our team lost but it was fun to see all the dogs doing all these bizarre tasks and realizing just how much we need to prepare them for. Some people had to give commands with their back to their dogs and that one seemed hard for them, it may be something for me and Paris to work on. Afterward our teams voted on an MVP for each team and Paris won MVP for our team! I was so proud of the girl!! :D

[Me kneeling next to Paris who is in a sit next to me in front of a gray stone wall. I am holding Paris' MVP trophy. It's a small gold trophy on a black pedestal. Way to go Paris! (It's now on display on my GDB shelf.)] After that we did some work on GTB, Paris is very good at this so no worries there. We all did it individually and then we lined up the beds and did a mass GTB. It was cool and all the dogs were very impressive.

[Paris laying down on her green mat chewing on a piece of kibble with a 6 mo old male black lab named Clifford sitting on his mat to her on the right and a golden named Joaquin sitting on his mat on her left (sadly, I only got a sliver of Joaquin but he is a cutie. What good puppies!] [Paris laying down with her head raised looking at me, she was such a good girl through the whole meeting.]

[Paris and Sugar sleeping in the car on the way home. They are both on the floor of the car with their heads next to each other.]
[A minute later Sugar adjusted so her head and foot are on top of Paris' head, she didn't seem to mind at all.]
Paris has been sacked out ever since we got home, it was a big day for her and she was a champ. Hope everyone else had a great weekend. :D

3 comments:

Mandy and Supreme said...

poor Peanut, always the odd one out. Glad you liked Cancun's CFR. We're big fans of his here in LA!

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier said...

Peanut is the "black sheep" of the family! =P Paris' sisters look so similar. Very obviously related.
Sounds like you two had a great weekend. =)

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Looks like a fun filled weekend, great pictures!