PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another Busy Weekend

Me and Paris had another very busy and fun filled weekend. The weather on Friday was fantastic so I really wanted to get out of the house and go do something. Me and Paris headed over to our friends house and we went on a walk through the park. It was fun. Here are some pictures from our walk.

[A close up of Paris' face in front of our enormous snow capped mountains.]
[Paris sitting in front of a really gnarly and weird looking pine tree.]
[Paris sitting under an enormous pine tree, the limbs drooped down to the ground and she is in front of a big branch.]

After our walk we wanted to do something else, so we all drove down to the Monte L. Bean museum. It's a museum that is full of stuffed wild animals. I love going there, it's fascinating. Here are some pictures from that.
[Paris was super interested in this stuffed lion. It's mouth is open and it looks like Paris is going to stick her head in it's mouth. It made me laugh, she is such a goof.]
[I picked Paris up so she could see a Tiger in a display case, the tiger is baring it's teeth and looks quite menacing, I have the same look on my face (yep, I am admittedly a nerd) and Paris looks absolutely bored, or maybe just embarrassed by her momma.]
[Paris sitting in front of a big "dog family" display. It cracked me up that the display had a lot of pictures of wolves and other wild dogs and then the bottom right has a picture of a golden retriever. ]
[Paris sitting in front of an alligator. She is looking away from the alligator and has her eyes closed and it looks like the alligator is biting her ear. :D]
[Paris is sitting in front of a big brown bear. It looks so soft and cuddly.]
[This display scared me because you walk around a corner and all of a sudden there is a big 10 foot tall Kodiak bear standing in front of you. :) Here is a picture of me with Paris up on my shoulder so we could fit the bear in the picture, you can see the bears to arms up in the air with big claws out and it's face is very scary with it's mouth open, again Paris just looks embarrassed that I picked her up again.]
Paris was great at the museum and besides the lion wasn't really interested in any of the other displays. I love this girl!
Then on Saturday me and Paris went up to Salt Lake with a couple friends to have some fun. We rode on Frontrunner which I have never been on before, it's was cool. It's like a train and is very quiet so it would be good intro to public transit for our pups (of course me and Paris ride the bus to school nearly daily so she is used to it.) We rode up a couple of stops and then went back.
[Paris laying nicely under the seat on the train.]
[My friends puppy Clifford sitting on the train. He is a little black lab with a beautiful blocky head and a "broken ear" It's not really broken but it folds funny so it just sticks out a bit.]
After Frontrunner we hopped on trax to go to the Gateway Mall. By then it was raining and snowing pretty hard so she was a wet puppy, as you can see on her face.]
We walked down to the food court to get lunch and we all got very wet. Just look at her jacket the top half is a very dark green from all the water and her poor face and body was very rain specked. She was a sport and did great in the nasty weather.]
After lunch we headed over the the planetarium. We walked around for a while before going to a 3D movie about fish. It was way cool. Anyway, the planetarium is really cool.
[Here is Paris on the moon. They had a little moon display and I had Paris sit on it with a picture of an astronaut behind her.]
[Here is Clifford and Paris on Mars. Lots of red and black rocks all around.]
[A close up of Paris on mars, she was sticking her nose into the camera so her head looks huge and the rest of her body looks really little.]
[Paris sitting in front of a display with a space suit in it.]
[Paris in the 3D movie with the enormous grey 3D glasses on. I felt like a fly when I was wearing them, they engulfed my whole face.]
After the movie we walked through the gift shop for a while, there is some really cool stuff in there.
[Paris with one of those dinosaur things where you pull a trigger and the mouth opens and closes. She was afraid of it at first so I let her sniff it a bit and then she was fine.]
[Little Clifford with a slinky springing in front of him, he was very good and enjoyed watching it but didn't try to catch it.]
[Paris with the slinky in front of her face. She wasn't distracted at all.]
[Paris with a silly little hat on. It's a white whale jumping out of water. She wasn't so amused, but the humans all laughed.]
[Top view of the silly hat, it looks like water and you can see the tail of the whale sticking out the back and the front of the whale with it's mouth open jumping out of the water.]
Then it was time to go. Everyone had a great time. Needless to say the girl was so tired. She had a long day and was such a trooper. I am so proud of her!!
[Now I don't normally let her sit on the seat of the car but she was so stinkin' adorable I didn't want to wake her to get on the floor. Here is Paris curled up in a little ball on the seat of the car her ear and paw are hanging over the edge of the seat.]

2 comments:

Cassie & The Dogs said...

Paris, It looks like you had tons of fun! I'm pretty jealous that you got to go to Mars - all I got to do was go to Costco. And, let me tell you, that was NO treat! I hope to have as much fun as you when I get big! (OK, I *am* big now, but when I get older).

Wags,
Dagan

MK said...

That first picture of Paris in front of the mountains is absolutely breathtaking!