PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our Day Yesterday

I have not been taking Spanky out because I wanted him to get used to me and my house and neighborhood before I took him out anywhere new so yesterday I brought out the jacket to see how he would do. I started by attempting to get some pictures of him in jacket but he was not as cooperative as I had hoped, he kept making funny faces or sneezing or licking me. . . so here are three from that, that are still kind of cute.




First we went to Grease Monkey to give my car an oil change. Spanky was great in the waiting room. I was very impressed.
Then they give us a free car wash coupon when we go to Grease Monkey so I used that and let me tell you Lola (my car) is sparkling now. He was fascinated by the car wash. (Yes, I know he is on my seat and standing in my car, but we aren't moving and he just wanted to watch. He was laying on the floor before we started moving again.)
Then we took my car over to my friends house (who is a mechanic) to have him look over Lola and see if everything is good so that we can get to California in one piece. :) Spanky was on tie-down while my friend was checking over my car. He would whine at me when I went behind the car. (I think he likes me) He is such a sweet boy, I really like him!
Then we met up with some other friends and we went to see Horton hears a Who (very cute movie BTW) and I had to get a picture of Spanky with my pal Steve Carell. :) Spanky was excellent in the theatre and there were no major hiccups like past theatre experiences, I was really hoping that it would go well.
After the movie we went back to my friends house and talked for a while. Then Spanky got to do his very favorite thing ever! Eat!!!! :) I love when he eats if I talk to him his tail wags really fast, and he starts eating faster. It is so cute.


We had a very good day with all successfully outings. Today we are probably going to Wal-mart to pick up some last minute stuff to pack for California. So, hopefully that goes well too. Spanky is definitely growing on me, he is super sweet and so cuddly. I love it. I was always sad that Sherman wasn't more cuddly. So, I love that Spanky is. If I sit on the floor he comes over and flops down on top of me. I think the hardest thing for me is remembering how young he is, since he is so much bigger than Sherman. I just have to keep reminding myself that he is only 11 months old and not perfect. But I really LOVE this dog. He is easy to manage and responds well to corrections, even though most of the time I can get him to stop something by telling him to leave it or that's enough.

Today is the first phase report day since Sherman left. I am really excited to see it, although he may not have made it on yet. I am still on pins and needles to see it. I also found out that Sherman is NOT on the fat list. YAY!!! Which means that he has at least done some of his health eval stuff, since I believe it is after the vets see all the dog that they write up the fat list. (the fat list is a list of dogs that go IFT over weight usually there are quite a few fat dogs that go IFT that way.) I am also excited because at his last evaluation my CFR told me that Sherman was slightly overweight. So it looks like all of our work payed off. My CFR also used Spanky of an example of an overweight dog at our meeting on Saturday so it looks like I have my work cut out for me. We have been taking two neighborhood walks since he got here and his food got cut down so hopefully we can get that weight off. :) It has been a LONG time since I have had a dog IFT, I forgot how nervous and almost sick I feel while I am waiting for the phase report. (As you can see by all the rambling that I have done in the last paragraph. lol)

Anyway, this will be my last post for a while since I leave for California TOMORROW!!!! I am so excited! Hopefully I will finish packing today. I keep procrastinating (like writing this post instead of packing) I don't know how often I will be able to post while I am there but I will try to let you know how everything is going and how Sherman does. :) Bye everyone, have a fantastic summer!!!

13 comments:

Emily and the Labradors said...

the fat list, hmmm... that sounds like an eating disorder waiting to happen! I had never heard that there was an official list before. It sounds like Spanky is fitting in really well! Good boy! and yay for cuddly boys! Have a safe trip and I hope you can update your blog once in a while!

MK said...

I love the pictures of Spanky kissing the side of your face and your reaction! LOL He seems like such a sweet dog and a quick adjuster too.

Have a great summer at Camp and I hope you can check in every once and a while to let us know how you, Spanky and Sherman! are doing. :-)

Emily said...

Glad to hear Spanky is doing so well!! He sounds like a great pup :) I can't wait to watch Sherman go through the phases. It is very nerve racking to get the report. Have fun at camp!!

PCC Tomorrow said...

Have a great summer and enjoy Spanky, it will help keep you mind off of Thursdays. ;)

Carrie and Waffle said...

Have a great summer with Spanky! Drive safe

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Have fun at camp!! Spanky looks like he will be an awesome camp dog for you! :D

Lisa and pups said...

Have fun in California!!!

Spanky - still trying to get used to the name - but I'm sure it will grow on me. They always do. I LOVE how he wags his tail when you talk to him. That is hilarious!!!

YAY for Sherman not being on the fat list! Can't wait to hear more about his progress!

Brittany said...

Good luck at camp! Sparky is a cutie! Hopefully he will continue to do well, and that you both have a great summer together.

Oh, and my fingers are crossed for Sherman!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Have fun at camp! I know it will be so fun, especially with cute Spanky by your side. He sounds like a great dog... and welcome back to California!!

Anna said...

Have a lot of fun at camp!!! I wish I could go... :D

Spanky is adooorable...

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

Im Glad that Spanky is settling in and that you enjoy him. Fingers crossed for Sherman! Have fun at camp and update us if you can.

Natalie said...

What a cute video! Spanky seems like such a sweetie and he sure is cute! Have a safe drive down tomorrow and have lots of fun at camp!!! Can't wait for your updates :)

Gerda said...

Sounds like everything is going good. hopefully you will be checking this site because several of us CCI people want to come up to camp bloomfield to meet you and the kids. let me know.

irish and vicki