PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Last Hike

Paris returns for her harness training in 4 days, so today I took her out for one last hike. I was so happy to see all the snow on the trail was melted. It was such a nice hike, I love it! It was still really cold and most the rocks still had a layer of ice on them so it was really scary and slippery, but we still had fun and got some gorgeous pictures. Here are pics from our trip up to Bridal Veil Falls.

[Paris laying down on a rock with the waterfall behind her.]
[Paris laying on the rock again, I love all her chin and neck wrinkles in this one.]
[This plant was crazy, each leaf has a cone of ice on it, these were all over and they looked so cool.]

[A close up of Paris' head from below with the waterfall behind her.]
[Paris sitting in front of a sign that says, "Thank you for hiking to Bridal Veil Falls. Enjoy the cool mist. It also says not to hike past that point, which we tried and saw why it is "strictly forbidden" because it was scary!]
[Paris sitting on the rocks doing a head tilt with the falls behind her.]
[Paris and I did a bit of rock climbing, I was impressed with her ability to jump about six feet from rock to rock. Here she is balancing herself on a little boulder with the rest of the rocks behind her.]
It was a great hike and now Paris is super muddy and tired. She will get a bath later today. :)

4 comments:

Rebecca, Ely and Joe said...

That sounds like a fun last hike. I love the 2nd to last picture! She is miss. Photogenic. Enjoy your last few days with her, she sounds like she will make a great guide dog!

Raiser Erin said...

Sounds like you had a bunch of fun! It's hard doing the last of things with your puppy. Just keep telling yourself she's going to make a wonderful Guide Dog. :) Rocco and I are going to be looking for her.

Sarah and the Pack. said...

What a great hike. NIce that we finally had the weather for it! Enjoy your last couple days with miss Paris.

Amanda said...

Today I showed my students a picture of my last day with Turk, and I thought of you. Paris is such a wonderful dog! I hope you enjoy your week of lasts.