PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Some Free Time

Last Saturday my guide dog leader put me in charge of the meeting. I planned this really fun scavenger hunt around the mall. We split into two teams and whoever got the most points won. The teams were Spike, Paris, and Peanut against Meade, Moseley, and Christina. We did tasks like going out to someones car and practice getting in and out, getting a drink at the drinking fountain with your dog in a calm sit, go into a dressing room/bathroom stall and have your dog settle, go to the Disney Store and walk around the sparkly floor, and other stuff like that. I did bonus points too, you got a bonus point each time someone asked if it was hard to give up your dog and a bonus point each time someone asked to pet your dog and your dog acted appropriate while being pet. Anyway, I didn't take a bunch of pictures because I was busy checking on everybody but here are a couple. ;)

[Paris standing inside a large log that is in the kids play area. (It's a big rubber log that is on it's side and hollow so the kids can crawl through it.)]
[Moseley sitting so nicely waiting for everyone to show up and start the fun.]
After the meeting me and my friend (who has started coming to puppy meeting and should be getting a puppy in fall) went out for lunch. Since I was puppy sitting Moseley he went inside with us.

[Moseley and Paris laying down and fast asleep after an exhausting meeting. They are under the table of the restaurant being perfect puppies.]

[Moseley really wanted to share the bed with Paris. He snuck really slowly over until he was sitting on the bed and then when he tried to lay on the bed next to Paris she started nibbling his foot, it was quite funny. Paris is not good at sharing her puffy princess bed.]
[Moseley tried again with more success, he is mostly on the bed with a little of his fanny hanging off. Paris is looking pretty shocked but let him. It only lasted a few minutes until Paris scooted him off.]
Yesterday I had a lot of time between classes so I took Paris around campus and took some pictures. I only have two weeks left and I am done with this school forever. I am so excited to move on. I got accepted into the TVI (teacher of the visually impaired) program at UofU so I am Salt Lake bound the beginning of June. Lots of fun changes and I can't wait. Anyway, it's been really nice here lately (it's about time Utah acknowledged Spring!) so the grass around campus is so green and things just look really nice.
[Paris sitting in some green grass in the middle of our schools courtyard. There are big steps behind her with a strip of grass at the top of each one.]
[Paris sitting next to a big statue of a man holding a backpack in one hand and a jacket in the other. I put Paris' leash into one of his hands. She is always so intrigued by the statues around campus. It's funny.]
[Paris sitting on the upper level of the school with the courtyard below and all the layered concrete and red brick buildings behind her.]
[We started walking to our class and I started snapping pictures of her walking. I liked this one taken at her level, it was hot so she's panting and you can see her big brown eyes, she looks so happy. She loves her work and going out everywhere.]
[Another one, a close up of Paris' face. She has a big grin on her face and is looking up at me. She is such a lovely dog.]
[Paris crossing her paws and licking her nose while laying on her bed.]
I am puppy sitting my friends goldens again so I've got a full house right now. Moseley left on Monday and the goldens got here on Wednesday. Everyone just had a romp in the yard so they all have their tongues out (and you can see Paris' black spot that I have never been able to get a picture of it) From left to right is Ginger, Chelito, Paris, and Boone. They are a good group and they all get along really well.]
That about does it on pictures, I also have a couple videos of Paris practicing GTB. I have started sending her from the next room and she is doing really well.
Video description: Video from inside my room you can see me and Paris outside the door. I tell Paris to "go to bed" and she charges into my room, rounds the corner, jumps onto her bed turns around and lays down. I say "nice" and the Paris gets her treat.
Video Description: This one absolutely cracks me up. Me and Paris are further away from my door. I say her name but not the GTB command and she being the smartie she is takes off toward her bed without the command. She races to her bed and lays down. Then I lean over and give her an ear rub. Please excuse my laugh, it is so annoying!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

5 comments:

Shelly :) said...

Congrats on getting into the program!! :) I love the picture you took of Paris walking.

Beth and Alfie said...

The scavenger hunt sounds like so much fun!! I love the bonus points!

Great pictures...Paris is a cutie.

Lisa and pups said...

Oh, that's pretty funny!! Love the pics and video.

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Such cute pictures!!! She has grown into such a lovely and mature girl. The videos cracked me up!!

Amanda said...

I loved the activity you planned. It was really creative! Thank you for your hard work.

I'm glad to have found your blog. Now I have a way to see all of the cute pictures you have of Paris and the other dogs in our club. :)