PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good Couple of Days

I have a little more info on Fuller now. . . I just talked to his new mom for the last hour and a half. Boy is she amazing!!! She has had him for about 24 hours now and she absolutely adores him. He is her fourth guide dog (third with the letter F) and she says that he is by far her best one so far. Wow, what a compliment. He will be living in Vancouver, Canada and his partner travels a lot so she said he will join her on her trips to Europe and other places like that. That is just amazing. I am so happy that this worked out, she is just thrilled with him and they have been on seven workouts together and he has not made one mistake and she hasn't had to correct him once. She says she is waiting for the catch because no dog can be that perfect but he keeps surprising her. She is absolutely thrilled, I can't wait to meet her on Saturday! I am just overwhelmed and so proud of the boy. I didn't have much time to think of a gift for her but luckily had some materials left from my last project so I made her one of my green leashes with Fullerton's name stamped into the leather. I think it turned out great and I really hope she likes it. There are just no words to describe how happy I am right now. ;) I just got the van packed and am ready to head out tomorrow.

[Close up of a green leather leash with lettering spelling Fullerton stamped in it]
Also, today I got an e-mail from GDB saying that they have chosen the picture below to be in the calendar for next year. Congrats to Miss October!! I've gotten some great news lately GDB wise and I couldn't be happier.
I better get some sleep now before I go, so hope everyone has a great weekend and I will for sure have an awesome post ready when I get back.

7 comments:

Sarah and Romeo said...

wow! way to go Toby! Have a safe trip!

Shelly :) said...

Congrats to Paris for being Ms. October! :)

I will actually be at graduation tomorrow seeing Topeka so I'll probably come up and say hi. :) (My name is Shelly by the way)

Congrats again to Fullerton and I love the leash you made for him!

Carrie and Waffle said...

Yeah fuller! way to go buddy, sounds like he is in for one exciting life. Now for sure I'll have to get my order in for the GDB calendar, this year they sold out and I missed out.

Infrequent Flyers said...

Congratulations on both Fuller graduating and on the calendar photo. Fullerton was one of the first puppies I followed when I started blogging, so it's neat to see him come full circle.

MK said...

The leash is beautiful and that's such a fabulous picture for the calendar! I love the leaf in her mouth... truly encompasses puppy raising... trying to get the perfect shot and the pup just wants to have fun. lol! Have a safe trip to Oregon and congrats to you, Fullerton & his new partner!

Lacey said...

Fuller is definitely proof of the resiliency of these dogs. That dog was so attached I thought for sure when you left him for the last time he'd have a panic attack and never be able to focus in training. Looks like he was able to bond with new people though- but I'm anxious to hear how he reacts when he sees you tomorrow. Good job, Elphie, and congrats!

Lisa and pups said...

Congrat Fuller and Congrats Paris! That is so cool!