PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

Phase 2!!

Fullerton 491S LAB M 2

Phase 2!!!! This may not seem like a big deal because there are still 8 phases but I am so happy for my boy!!! I have not had a puppy make it to phase 2 since my 2nd puppy. Prudy, puppy #1 was career changed in phase 8, Tahoma, puppy #2 breeder/guide, then Glennie and Spanky, puppies #3 and #6 were both career changed before formal training and Adeline and Sherman, puppies #4 and #5 were both career changed in phase 1. So for me 2 is a big deal. Good job Fuller, I am so very proud of you! Here is what Fuller is up to on campus this week:

Phase #2

  • Preliminary obedience training
  • Exposure to distractions (toys, food, other dogs, cats, etc.)
  • First on-campus workouts with a harness
  • Introduction to the BEST program training techniques (including treadmill sessions)
  • Sessions to teach guidework-specific commands (such as "forward," "Halt," Hopp up," and "steady") and the desired response to those commands
  • On leash introduction to the campus obstacle course

AND,

Fullertons brother Forte is officially a breeder. I hope I can raise a Fuller neice or nephew sometime that would be so cool. His other brother Filby is in phase 6 and the last brother Flamenco is currently unaccounted for. If anyone knows his whereabouts I would love to know.

9 comments:

Rebecca, Ely and Joe said...

Yay!!!! Good job Fullerton!!!

Natalie said...

Yay Fuller! congrats :)

Erin said...

Woot! Go Fuller!!!

Ro said...

Phase 2, so about how many months does he have left? I wonder if I'll meet him! Probably not if he's in training still when I get there. Hmmm, all the dreaming tee hee.

Keep going Fuller!!

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Yay! Go Fuller!!!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

That's how you do it, Fuller! You should be very proud, even though it's only Phase 2. :)

Infrequent Flyers said...

I'm glad you finally got some news about Fullerton. Go, sweet boy! That's exciting news about Forte, too. Those are some good genes!

Unknown said...

Forte not official a breeder, the news was passed on incorrectly. He is in the final stages of breeding evaluation. Most likely he will be pulled, but the "official" word is not official yet...

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

GREAT JOB FULLERTON!!
Congrats:)

Toby's Trainer
SEGDI Raiser