PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 year in review

Well, it is 2008! Happy New Year to all. I remember being in Sunday school when I was six or seven and my teacher asked what we all thought that we would be doing in the year 2008. Some of the kids were telling about jobs they would have or animals they would own. You know, typical six year old answers. When it came my time for me to answer the question I said, "I think I will be dead!" Well, I am happy to say that I am still kickin'. I dunno why I remember that, but I remember thinking that 2008 was such a long time off. I am already starting the new year with my first puppy trade. I have Murray here for the next few days and Sherman is with his raisers. Murray is such a love and absolutely gorgeous and very very sweet. I adore him. :) Anywho, back on subject. . .

Here are my New Years resolutions:
1. To be more patient and understanding, both with people and my pups.
2. To save some money!!!
3. To loose some weight. (who doesn't have that on their list?)
4. To be more social
5. Spend more time on school work
6. Get a better job
7. To not care what people think of me
8. Be more decisive. (I am probably the most indecisive person alive)
9. Not to worry so much!!!! (I am getting worry wrinkles)
10. Take a little stress out of my life
11. Catch up on my scrapbook. (I am about 2 years behind)

Here is a little survey that has been going around:

1. Was 2007 a good year for you?
Umm. . . yes and no. We had our ups and downs. :)

2. What was your favorite moment of the year?
So many lets see. . . I would have to say. . . reuniting with Adeline after 4 months, or finally getting done with generals and being able to finally take classes that I want, or actually choosing a major to stick with after changing about 15 times!
3. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
When Adeline got cc'd, when Prudy passed away and when me and my bf broke up. :(
4. What are your plans for 2008?
Continue school (should be another 2 or so years), keep raising puppies. . . those are pretty much the consistent things in my life. Umm. . . save money, get a new job (maybe at LDS social services, I am going to see if my uncle can help me get a job there, even if it is just reception work, at least it will have something to do with my major)
5. What countries did you visit?
None, I wish!
6. What date in 2007 will remain etched in your memory?
March 30th when I met my silly little labby boy! February 14th when I had my first kiss. (pathetic I know, took me 21 years to achieve that) and August 23rd when Prudy died.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passed all my classes. . . and learning HTML format and making my own website. (I am very proud of it)
8. What was your biggest failure?
I don't believe in "failure". Just try your best and that is all you can do. :) I learn from my mistakes so. . .
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Broke a couple toes. . . other than that I had the flu and a cold a couple times.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
My car Lola, she is great! Umm. . . a wire kennel, I love that too.
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody really. . .
12. Where did most of your money go?
School, rent, dog food, books, & GAS.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new puppy (Sherman), and hearing from Tahomas partner, and learning how to make a website!
14. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
Hey there Delilah, Smile, Into the Ocean, umm. . . I am not a huge music buff, oh, the girlfriend song.
15. Compared to this time last year are you:

a) Fatter or thinner? A little fatter *sigh*
b) Happier or sadder? about the same
c) Richer or poorer? POORER

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Going out with friends, being more outgoing, maybe traveling (if I had the money), and reading.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating out, Procrastinating.
18. How will you (now it is were) be spending Christmas?
I was at a puppy-sitees house but went home Christmas eve afternoon and Christmas evening.
19. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes, but it didn't work out.
20. What was your favorite TV show?
Lost, The Office, Desperate Housewives, CSI, and Law & Order
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not hate, hate is a strong word. I strongly dislike someone that I didn't this time last year but I can still stand to be around them and we have civil conversations sometimes.
22. What was/were the best books you read?
I finally got around to reading the Harry Potter books and I love them all. I also read the Golden Compass which I liked a lot, and Artemis Fowl. (next is New Moon, Ark Angel, and the Alex Rider books)
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
umm. . . .
24. What did you want and get?
A Noz 2 Noz Portable Kennel, and shoes.
25. What did you want and not get?
Adeline to graduate.
26. What was your favorite film this year?
There are a lot, Music and Lyrics, Transformers, No Reservations, Martian Child, August Rush, Waitress, Stardust, Pirates of the bean 3, Harry Potter 5, Hairspray, Sweeny Todd (I haven't seen it yet but i am SURE that it is fantastic) I could go on
27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 22, I went shopping and out out to dinner with the parents, ate banana cream pie (my favorite dessert) and slept.
28. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
More money, and a better job.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I am never one for name brand "in fashion" clothes. If it fits I wear it. I like to be comfortable!
30. What kept you sane?
Sherman, and having some close friends around me.
31. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
I have always loved Cathrine Zeta Jones and Drew Barrymore.
32. Which political issue stirred you the most?
politics *snore*
33. Who did you miss?
My puppies especially Prudy, my friends in California.
34. Did you treat somebody badly in 2007?
I sure hope not!!
35. Did somebody treat you badly in 2007?
Kinda, but not really
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
I am a lot better at sticking up for myself, I can make decisions a lot better, and I am better at asking for what I want.
37. What would you like to have in 2008 that you didn't have in 2007?
Dunno, a better job, and money. (story of my life)

So that is pretty much my year. Here is hoping that 2008 brings in bigger and better. :)

0 comments: